The Japanese Government is inviting Filipino Youth who have strong interest in the Japanese culture to be part of the 2014 JENESYS 2.0 Program. It will happen from May 26 to June 3, 2014.
The following are the qualifications for youth delegates:
- Filipino citizens, single, 18 – 30 years old
- Philippine passport holders
- Currently-enrolled college, MA, and PhD students
- With strong interest in Japanese culture (traditional and contemporary), history, heritage, and arts, vis-à-vis the Philippines’. Good knowledge on Philippine culture is an asset.
- With educational background in any of the following is an advantage, but not required: Japanese Studies, Japan-ASEAN Relations, Asian Studies; Japanese or Asian Culture and the Arts.
- Willing to participate in cross-cultural exchange through dance, songs and other cultural activities; chosen delegates may be required to perform a presentation on traditional Filipino culture and a Japanese-themed presentation to be assigned by the organizers.
- Mentally and physically fit to travel (chosen delegates will be required to submit a medical health certificate).
- Be able to communicate well in English (written and spoken). Japanese communication skills is an advantage, but not required.
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing/seminar required by the organizers (usually 2-3 days before departure for Japan).
- Be able to provide a written report regarding his participation in the program and participate in a post-evaluation activity upon return to the Philippines.
- Former participants in previous JENESYS Programs, Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored scholarship, conference, cultural exchange, or training programs are no longer qualified to apply.
Applications shall be sent to email@example.com on or before April 18, 2014 (Friday), 6pm consisting of the following:
- Letter of Application (addressed to Ms. Anne Luis, Head-International Affairs Office, NCCA)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Official School Registration Form
*For applicants not enrolled during the summer/not in trimestral school system, present proof of enrollment of last term attended. Must be continuing students.
- Proof of enrollment and Recommendation Letter signed by the Dean/Principal
- Accomplished Entry Form
- Copy of Passport (must be valid at least until 04 December 2014)
*For those without valid passports: Attach proof of application/renewal or claim stub from the DFA. Passport must be claimed on or before 02 May 2014.
Please take note of the the following things when you are applying:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. No personal/courier submissions. Incomplete documents/submission will automatically be declined/not acknowledged.
- Scan application documents and save into one (1) PDF file in at least 300 dpi resolution.
- Applications not in PDF file will automatically be disqualified.
- JENESYS Cultural Exchange Program application forms must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
(with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR JENESYS Batch 9).
- Applicants are advised to read this announcement and instructions before making any inquiry by phone/email.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submissions. The NCCA will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline of submission is 6:00 PM on 11 April 2014.
Accepted applicants will undergo an interview from April 28 to 30, 2014 at the National Commission on Culture and the Arts in Intramuros, Manila.
If you have inquiries, you may call Mr. Ian Felix Alquiros of the NCCA International Affairs Office at tel. no. 527-2206 or 5272192 loc. 614.
Read the application guidelines here.