Many great modern day achievements came from random free thinkers from the youth world. Thus, the three huge youth organizations Stiftung Entrepreneurship – Berlin, Goi Peace Foundation and United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) joined together in partnership for the launching of The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, a good opportunity for all fresh ideas and innovations especially covering fields such as environment, education, health, poverty reduction, peace building, cultural diversity, sustainable energy, food security, sustainable trade, the elderly, and empowerment for women and youth.
Dreaming for a realistic positive change in the community? The competition aids in building a strong foundation for executing the platform of your passion for a better society and extends it beyond a mere vision.
Aiming to empower the youth to become pioneers in building a harmonious and sustainable society, participants shall be privileged of a free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus.
All eligible 15-30-year old youths are qualified to initiate an advocacy. Take note of the basic principles upon participating in the contest:
- go for a cause
- work on a brilliant idea
- create an entrepreneurial concept
Ready to join? Here’s how to enter:
- First, sign up to become a registered member.
- Complete the entry form and submit it online. Entries may only be submitted in English.
Entry form for ideas
Entry form for projects
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be nominated and published on the competition website. You will receive a message from us confirming that your entry has been nominated. If your entry does not pass the screening, you will have a chance to brush it up and submit it again.
For a detailed information about the competition, watch the video.
Criteria for judging will base on factors such as [stage and type of enterprise will be taken into account]:
- entrepreneurial vision
- feasibility (e.g. relatively low capital investment requirement)
- social impact (e.g. ecological benefit)
- scale-ability (The application can be multiplied.)
Process of selecting entries:
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be published on the competition website. The general public can vote for their favorite entry and add their comments and recommendations.
- Entrants may refine their entries up until the entry deadline to reflect the comments and recommendations received. They may also support their entry by submitting a video presentation of their enterprise idea or activity (up to 3 minutes).
- The 10 entries receiving most votes in each of the two categories will be considered as finalists.
- From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
- Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
- In addition, the People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories.
For a complete profile about the panel of judges, click here.
For information about the competition prizes and other special awards, proceed here.
Make sure your project concept presentation is submitted in English language.
Timeline for the event:
- Official launching: October 30, 2013 during the 8th UNESCO Youth Forum Cultural Event
- Online launch: November 2013
- Entries accepted: November 2013 – June 30, 2014
- Online voting and comments accepted: November 2013 – July 31, 2014
- People’s Choice Prize winners announced: August 1, 2014
- Video presentation to be submitted by the top 10 entries: by August 15, 2014
- 10 finalists announced in the Best Ideas Category and the Best Projects Category respectively: August 20, 2014
- Evaluation and selection of winners by the judges: August 20, 2014 – September 10, 2014
- Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize winners announced: September 15, 2014
- Award ceremony to present the Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice winners will be held during the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin in October 2014