The SM Foundation is continuing its thrust in helping the Filipino nation as it is now open for the AY 2015-2016 scholarship program.
The program was started in 1993, in fulfillment of SM Malls pioneer Henry Sy’s vision: to send one child to college so that the scholar will become the catalyst for the family’s better situation in life. The program has produced more than 1,900 graduates, and more than 1,300 scholars are now enrolled in the Foundation’s 82 partner colleges and universities around the country.
Students interested in grabbing the opportunity presented by the Foundation must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a fourth year high school student.
- The applicant must have a weighted average of at least 88% by the second or third grading period.
- The applicant’s annual family income must be P150,000 at most.
The scholarship program offers full matriculation fee support and allowances for the following degrees: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Elementary and Secondary Education, Accountancy, and Pharmacy.
Required documents that must be submitted for scholarship application are:
- Accomplished SM College Scholarship application form (available in any branches of SM Supermall, SM Store, SM Supermarket, SM Hypermarket, and SM Savemore nationwide; just ask for it from the customer service counter)
- Clear photocopy of F138 or 4th year high school report card with the second or third grading period’s weighted average
- Certificate of passing the entrance test in school of choice (if available)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) or Certificate of Non-Filing of Income.
Deadline for submission of application form and required documents is on December 20, 2014.
Visit the program’s official website for more information.