The ASEAN Japan Youth Forum, an opportunity for youth collaboration organized by Indonesian, Japanese, and ASEAN authorities, is now open for applications.
The forum, which will be held at Bengkulu, Indonesia on March 4-7, 2015, aims to gather 100 talented youth participants from schools and organizations in Japan and ASEAN member countries. The creative space that will be provided by the event hopes that the delegates will share their knowledge and skills via meaningful partnerships. Partnerships formed in the duration of the event will help maintain the harmonious partnership thriving between the ASEAN and Japan.
Young leaders interested in making a positive contribution to the Forum must meet the following requirements:
- 18 to 25 years old at the time of the Forum
- Expert command of the English language
- Good health for air travel
- Flexibility to work with youth leaders from other organizations and nations
- Interest in youth partnerships
- Ability to produce a printed report on their country’s involvement with other ASEAN members and Japan to be presented on the Forum (max. 3 pages)
The deadline of submission for applications is on January 31, 2015.
The local government of Bengkulu, Indonesia will provide for the food and local transportation of the delegates. The Japan Foundation will handle the delegates’ lodging at Hotel Santika for the duration of the event. The air travel expenses must be shouldered by the delegate and/or his/her organization.