The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and EF Education First (EF) Summer School is now open for application.
The UNAOC-EF Summer School 2015 will take place at EF’s New York campus in Tarrytown, NY, USA from 13 to 20 of June 2015.
The UNAOC-EF Summer School’s interactive program of workshops, discussions and site visits provides the participants with hands-on experience on how to address shared social challenges across diverse communities and religions. Specifically, the Summer School focuses on how to better understand diversity, manage and promote it, and how to leverage differences in identity to shape a world that is healthier, safer, more peaceful and inclusive. Different approaches are applied, including advocacy, narratives, multimedia, negotiation, theater, and social entrepreneurship.
The Summer School seeks to:
- facilitate moments of encounter, exchange, and skill-building among young people;
- strengthen young people’s capacity to get involved in the preparation and implementation of joint action across divides;
- support youth in maximizing their impact as they bring about social change;
- promote collaborative relationships among people from diverse backgrounds;
- develop a network among alumni and make it a true platform for joint action to help address global challenges.
Eligibility for application are the following:
- be between 18-35 years old on June 13, 2015 (start of the Summer School)
- be linked to an organization or a network (e.g. youth council, youth NGO, non-profit organization, youth-led organization, community organization, faith-based organization, youth network or platform, college, university, social entrepreneur, blogger, etc.)
- hold a passport valid until at least January 2016 (for a visa to be issued, a passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the expected date of entry into the country)
- possess upper-intermediate English proficiency.
The last day to complete application to attend the UNAOC – EF Summer School is 9th of March 2015 at 23:59 New York City local time.
Any application received after this deadline will not be accepted.
For more details, visit the UNAOC-EF Summer School website.