The application for the Momentum of Change’s 2015 Lighthouse Activities is now open.
Momentum for Change wants to hear from institutions who have successfully implemented a project, program, initiative, or other activity addressing climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of the following four areas:
- Urban Poor- recognizing activities addressing climate change while improving the lives of the urban poor in developing countries.
- Women for Results- recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment- recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaptation and mitigation
- ICT Solutions- recognizing successful climate mitigation or adaptation activities that produce measurable results.
Selected activities under each area of focus will be recognized as Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities and will be showcased in series of special events during the UN Climate Change Conference to be held in Paris, France on December 2015.
Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities will receive the following benefits:
- Engagement with policy makers
- Public relations support
- Marketing support
- Capacity building
Each activity must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- address climate change mitigation or adaptation
- be already implemented or in the course of implementation
- be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact
- be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change
- deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits
- not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
If submitting under the Urban Poor pillar, your country must be listed here
Deadline for application will be on April 24, 2015.
For more information, visit the Momentum for Change website. .