The Public Affairs Section of the US Embassy in Manila opened applications for Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Winter 2016 Academic Fellows.
Listed fellowships are the following:
- YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Civic Engagement
- YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
- YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues
- Must be a YSEALI member. To register for FREE, visit yseali.state.gov
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application;
- A citizen or resident of the Philippines from diverse ethnic and religious groups;
- A full-time undergraduate student from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning or have graduated in the past four years;
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.;
- Eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa;
- Demonstrate leadership ability through academic work, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and/or professional activities;
- Demonstrate a commitment or interest in community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States and ASEAN as a region;
- Be willing to actively participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and study tour;
- Have a commitment to return to their home country to apply leadership skills and training to benefit their community, country, or the ASEAN region; and
- Preferably have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States. Note: All expenses related to the program will be provided by the U.S. Embassy.
Click this link to download the application form.
The deadline for application is on May 22, 2016, 11:59 PM.