The Japanese Government, through the Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) and the Japan Information and Cultural Center (JICC) of the Japanese Embassy in Manila, and in partnership with the National Youth Commission, is implementing the Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths Program 2016 (JENESYS 2016 Economics) Batch 1, which aims to promote a global understanding of Japan’s economics, society, politics and foreign affairs, and to further deepen mutual understanding among the youth of Japan, ASEAN, Timor Leste, and India.
The program is scheduled on September 25 – October 4, 2016 in Tokyo, Japan. NYC will be nominating 12 college and masteral students.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen, single, 18-30 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until April 5, 2017)
- Mentally and physical fit to travel
- Currently enrolled college, masteral, or PhD students
- With educational background in any of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Aviation Electronics Technology, Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, Naval Science and Tactics, Customs Administration, and Seafarer Rating Course
- Can communicate in English; Japanese language proficiency an advantage
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on September 24, 2016 at the NYC head office and the program proper on September 25-October 4, 2016
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- Accomplished NYC Volunteers Application (for first time applicants only)
- Accomplished JENESYS 2016 Batch 2 Economics Application Form
- An essay (not more than 500 words) about the applicant’s educational background and how being part of the program will help his/her studies
- Copy of Official School Registration Form Certification from Dean or College Secretary that the applicant is a bona fide student
- Copy of valid passport
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back as well their accommodation in Manila during the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila) and travel tax/terminal fee as well as their food, accommodation and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 2, 2014 – August 2, 2016 whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 2, 2015-August 2, 2016 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- JENESYS, KIZUNA and SSEAYP Alumni
- Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs
- Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW, and stayed in the country for three months or more
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR JENESYS 2016: ECONOMICS BATCH 2)
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is on August 18, 2016.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: JENESYS 2016: ECONOMICS BATCH 2”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat through Ms Sarah Grutas or Mr. Mark Fernandez at telephone numbers (02) 4162833.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.