- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission in partnership with Japan International Cooperation Center and the Embassy of Japan in Manila opens the application to the JENESYS2017 Social Peace Building Exchange which will be held on 19-28 March 2018 in Tokyo, Japan. The program aims to create a mutual understanding and trust among the peoples of Japan and the Asia Pacific region and encourage an understanding and dissemination of Japan’s economy, society, history, diverse culture, politics, and diplomatic relations.
NYC will be sending 8 youth delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino (college, masteral, and PhD students)
- 18-35 years old
- With educational background in ASEAN-Japan Studies, International Studies, Sociology and other related courses
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until September 29, 2018)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 18, 2018 and the program proper on March 19-28, 2018
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Accomplished JENESYS Form
- Certification from College Secretary or Dean stating that the applicant is a bonafide student
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- An essay (not less than 500 words) answering the following question: How can the program contribute to the applicant’s educational or professional growth?
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila), meals, accommodation, and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2013 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- JENESYS, KIZUNA, and SSEAYP Alumni. Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored (Japan Embassy, Japan Foundation, JICA, etc) scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs. Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW, and stayed in Japan for three months or more. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: JENESYS2017 SOCIAL PEACEBUILDING EXCHANGE)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / February 4, 2018.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: JENESYS2017 Social Peacebuilding Exchange”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.