- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission in partnership with the Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Kingdom of Thailand opens the application to the 2018 ASEAN Youth Representatives in Experiencing the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy (AY-REPSE) which will be held on 11-21 March 2018 in Bangkok, Ang Thong, Ratchaburi, Samut Prakarn, and Nakhon Pathom Thailand. The program aims to create a mutual understanding and promote learning on the Royal Initiatives and the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy as the life guidance leading to the Sustainable Development Goals to the ASEAN, Bhutan, and Sri Lanka youth representatives.
NYC will be sending 6 youth delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino (college and masteral students)
- 18-25 years old
- With educational background in ASEAN or Thai Studies
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until September 22, 2018)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 10, 2018 and the program proper on March 11-21, 2018
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Accomplished AYREPSE Registration Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- An essay (not less than 500 words) answering the following question: How can the program contribute to the applicant’s educational or professional growth?
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Bangkok-Manila), meals, accommodation, and local transportation in Thailand.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2013 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: Application AYREPSE 2018)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / January 31, 2018.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: AYREPSE 2018”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.