- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission in partnership with the Department of Children and Youth of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security of Thailand opens the application to the Young ASEAN+3 Social Entrepreneurs in Action which will be held on 4-8 February 2018 at the Emerald Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand. The program aims to create model guidelines for creating young social entrepreneurs, to promote social business among young people, to expand and strengthen social entrepreneur network and to promote business cooperation, creativity, and sustainability among the youth of ASEAN, China, Japan, and Korea.
NYC will be sending 5 youth delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino social entrepreneurs
- 18-25 years old
- With good communication skills
- Philippine passport holder (valid until August 9, 2018)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Must be willing to shoulder expenses for round-trip airfare and travel tax
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on February 3, 2018 and the program proper on February 4-8, 2018
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Accomplished YASEA Registration Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- An essay (not less than 500 words) about the applicant’s organization or social enterprise, answering the following question: How can the program help in the applicant’s career growth?
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing, international airfare (Manila-Bangkok-Manila), and their travel tax/terminal fee.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ food, accommodation, and local transportation in Thailand.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2013 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 4, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: Application Young ASEAN+3 Social Entrepreneurs in Action)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / January 17, 2018.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: Young ASEAN+3 Social Entrepreneurs in Action”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.