To support their directive to “to provide a venue for consultations and discussions about relevant youth issues that also include the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections”, the National Youth Commission leads the BSKE 2018 Voters’ Education Forum in different locations nationwide.
NYC OIC Chairman ASec. Ronald Cardema said, “We [NYC] want to maximize opportunities to feel the pulse of the youth voters and to provide them with a venue to articulate their concerns about the forthcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections within the election campaign period (May 4 to May 12, 2018).”
Supervised by NYC Officers from their respective areas, the BSKE Voters’ Education Forum Schedule is as follows:
The BSKE Voters’ Education Forum Schedule (source: NYC)
- May 9, 2018:
- 8:00 AM to 12NN – BENECO Hall, South Drive, Camp John Hay, Baguio City
- May 10, 2018
- 8:00 AM to 12:00 NN and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM – (Specific Venue: TBA)
- 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM – Iloilo City Hall, Dela Rama St., Iloilo City
- May 11, 2018
- 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM – Provincial Capitol Training Center, Misamis Oriental
- May 12, 2018
- 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN – Bukidnon State University Auditorium
- 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM – University of Nueva Caceres, Naga City
ASec. Paul Pangilinan, head of the NYC Committee on Governance added, “This is the best time to inculcate the importance of participation in the electoral exercise in the hearts and minds of the youth not only on their right of suffrage but to chart a better future for them. After all, the youth also deserves to have an informed choice.”
ASec. Cardema closed his statement, “We want to encourage the youth to look forward on how they can help to create positive changes in their respective communities and to become a key player in realizing the Duterte Administration’s goal of a better Philippines”
The BSKE Voters’ Education Forum will be implemented in collaboration with the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Commission on Elections (COMELEC), Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), Philippine Information Agency (PIA), and concerned local government units (LGUs).
It is also part of the National Youth Commission’s series of advocacy activities in preparation of the coming Barangay and SK Elections on May 14, 2018 (Monday).
For more inquiries and updates on the SK elections, you may reach NYC through:
- their trunklines: 416-3415; 413-5503; 416-3570
- their email
- their official Facebook page
- their official Twitter account