MAY 9, 2015 – The National Youth Commission is encouraging the incoming SK officials to conform to the SK Reform Law, to actively lead their youth communities, and to directly become the partners of President Rodrigo Duterte in uplifting the nation.
NYC OIC Chairman Ronald Cardema said that unlike past SK officials, incoming officials will not be doing substandard projects such as the traditional basketball leagues, beauty contests, and house plate number projects. Instead, President Rodrigo Duterte would like the incoming officials to orient the Filipino youth on:
- the harmful effects of illegal drugs;
- basic survival and first aid training;
- mobilization of the barangay in times of disasters and calamities;
- helping the PNP, AFP and LGUs in identifying criminals, rebels, and terrorists possibly hiding in barangays;
- and other nationalistic programs that will rouse the Youth towards nation-building and community-building.
ASec. Cardema also emphasized that like how the National Police Commission is overseeing the wrongdoings of police officers, the National Youth Commission will also be actively monitoring the activities of all youth leaders and youth organizations, under the Office of the President. If found that they will not execute their duties as youth leaders, their suspension and dismissal will be immediately recommended.
“Be the strongmen youth leaders of your community and help our Strongman Leader Rodrigo Duterte in safekeeping your barangay, in uplifting the role of our entire youthful generation, and together let us create a grander destiny for our nation.” ASec. Cardema added.
The Sangguniang Kabataan is being brought back by the Duterte Administration in order for the 350,00 elected youth leaders, in 42,000 barangays, will be directly working with President Rodrigo Duterte in uplifting the Republic of the Philippines.
For more inquiries and updates on the SK elections, you may reach NYC through:
- their trunklines: 416-3415; 413-5503; 416-3570
- their email
- their official Facebook page
- their official Twitter account