Are you one of the millions of Filipinos who used to watch Filipino-dubbed animations on channels like ABS-CBN and Hero TV back in the early 2000’s? If so, chances are that you’ve heard the voice of Mr. Pocholo De Leon Gonzales.
Also known as The VoiceMaster, Mr. Gonzales lent his voice for thousands of projects. He’s been able to voice for characters such as ChaCha in Bubu ChaCha, Kuro-chan from Cyborg Kuro-chan, and Chamo from Negima!. He’s also been in commercials for PLDT, Globe Telecom, Smart Telecom, Pepsi, National Bookstore, Rebisco Crackers, and Bibbo Hotdog.
His career started when he was 16 years old after he won DZMM’s drama and singing contest “Radyo, Radyo” in 1996. He finished BA Speech Communication and MA Broadcast Communications at the University of the Philippines – Diliman Campus.
- anchors, scriptwriter, and co-director for DZMM’s “Radyo, Radyo”
- reporter, broadcaster, host, voice over, radio drama talent and voice director of several TV and radio stations
- narrator and dubber for local radio and television commercials, various children’s programs, films, dubbed foreign telenovelas, drama, TV shows, video games and audiobooks
Since then, he’s been able to work with companies such as ABS-CBN 2, GMA 7, HERO TV, DZMM and DZRH. Currently, he has been over 100 projects as a voice talent, broadcaster, producer, and youth delegate.
When asked about his greatest accomplishment, he considers it as being the voice of the Filipino AudioBible by Biblica, the world’s largest distributor of the Bible in different languages around the world.
Due to his achievements as a voice artist, he became the only Asian panelist in the 2012 VoiceOver International Creative Experience (VOICE) Convention in Anaheim, California.
As the “VoiceMaster of the Philippines”, he is the most acknowledged and recognized voice artist in the country.
He has been featured in:
- Balitang K
- Kabuhayang Swak na Swak
- Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho
- Sweet Life
- Good Morning Boss
- Medyo Late Night Show with Jojo A
- Serbisyo All-Access
- Speed Magazine
- Philippine Star
- Manila Bulletin
- Reach Knowledge Magazine
- Radyo Veritas
- Radyo Singko
- UNTV Radio
- Pinas FM
While making his name in the industry, Gonzales suffered from frustrations and decided to establish CreatiVoices Productions in 2005 with the vision of making the Philippines as the center of voice-acting excellence in Asia.
Since then, CreatiVoices has become the leading online voiceover services company in the Philippines and has produced voiceovers for radio, television, online commercials, animation, telephone systems, websites, audio-video presentations, video games, audiobooks, podcasts, instructional videos, e-learning materials and more.
They were also able to work with international clients such as Biblica, Itruemart, TAG 91.1 Dubai, and SEGA.
As of today, there are over 500 voices in over 50 languages and accents within the company.
Aside from being an online voiceover services company, CreatiVoices is also home to the Philippine Center for Voice Acting, the first and only school for voice acting in the Philippines.
More commonly known as VoiceWorx, CreatiVoices has been hosting this voice acting workshop ever since they started in 2005. VoiceWorx paved the way for aspiring voice artists to get into the once exclusive industry of voice acting.
Together with his fellow mentors – Danny Mandia, Alexx Agcaoiili, Papa Neil Tolentino, and Brian Matthew Ligsay, Gonzales has taught thousands of voices in the voice acting industry, including hosts; broadcasters; and public speakers.
In this 8-week training course, students can learn and experience:
- how to interpret the copy
- effective pacing and pausing
- proper inflection
- enunciation and articulation
- reading faster but still legible
- vocal and facial exercises to keep your muscles limber
- tricks to get those facial muscles to work when they don’t want to
- various microphone techniques that will dramatically change the way you sound
- Script Writing/Translating/Re-writing
- Voice Directing and Dubbing
- Actual Dubbing and Radio Ad Recording Session
- ABS CBN Dubbing Studio Tour (by invitation of Instructors)
- Anime Conventions Hosting
- Real Radio Broadcasting
- Radio Drama
VoiceWorx is currently training their 45th batch of upcoming voice artists.
For more information, you can:
- check out VoiceWorx, CreatiVoices or VoiceMaster
- or visit them at CreatiVoices Productions, 3rd Floor, Left Wing, #1745 Dian St., Palanan, Makati City