Get a chance to win Php 50,000.00 and a trip to Busan International Film Festival by joining Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino’s Sine Kabataan 2018!
Here are the guidelines:
- Open to all filmmakers 15 to 30 years of age
- Short film must depict the youth’s perception of:
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Mental Health
- Adolescent Disability
- Out-of-school youth
- Lack of access to education
- SECURITY AND PEACE-BUILDING
- Youth in conflict with law
- Youth in conflicted areas
- Youth in Peacebuilding
- Digital or online safety
- FAMILY VALUES
- Violence against children
- Effects of migration
- Short film must have a maximum running time of five (5) minutes
- Selected entries as finalists must not withdraw from the competition
- Only entries which haven’t been in other local and international festivals and competitions (with the exception of scholastic and inter-collegiate competitions) and have not won in other film competitions are qualified.
- Films must have been produced from 2017 – 2018
- Any modification except addition of subtitles will not be allowed for final entries
- Music used in entries must be original, licensed, or in the public domain.
- The production of the film must also adhere to any and all existing applicable laws
- Film Development Council of the Philippines (FCDP) guarantees the safety of the submitted entries throughout the entire period in its custody. Its obligation is limited only to the replacement cost of the damaged DVDs and reproduction of new copies of entries when unavoidable circumstances like loss or damage happens to the entries
- The decision of the Board of Jurors is final and irrevocable. The board reserves the right not to give an award in any category should no entry merit it. The organizers and the judging committee are not obliged to give explanation for the results.
- FDCP reserves the right to create, revoke, and modify at any time and in anyway its entry requirements, rules and regulations at its absolute discretion without prior notice. Finalists and submitted entries shall be bound by any amendments or addition to the entry requirements rules and regulations herewith.
As for the requirements, here is the list:
- Duly accomplished application form with complete details
- Film Title
- Total Running Time
- Production Company
- Contact Number
- Proponent/Director’s Complete Name and Contact Number
- Assent Form for proponents below 18 year old
- Entry film’s complete and final cut must be submitted in 1080p, mp4 or mov file format, mixed in 5.1 audio format, with English subtitles.
- Online submission of requirements must provide a direct link (via Vimeo or google Drive) and a corresponding password/pin if needed.
- Poster design must be in JPEG format (27″ x 41″ 300dpi)
- 30-second movie trailer in playable mp4 or mov format.
As for the selection of finalists, eight (8) entries will be chosen and announced on July 5, 2018. The entries will be shown in all theaters nationwide from August 15 to 21, 2018. They will be judged based on their content and choice of subject, story and screenplay, high technical standards for cinematography, production design, sound editing, and other specialized aspects in filmmaking.
Once chosen, the finalists must comply with the additional requirements to prepare for judges’ and public screening:
- Film entry’s movie trailer (30 seconds) in .mp4 format.
- Film entry with English subtitltes and in .mp4 or .mov 1080p format, mixed in 5.1 audio format
- Two (2) poster designs, 27″ x 41″ in JPEG format, minimum 150dpi, in burned CDs or send soft copies to Sine Kabataan.
- Additional requirements may be determined by FDCP
As for the prizes,
- Best Picture winner will win:
- Php 50,000.00
- Round trip ticket to Busan and Busan International Film Festival
- 4 days and 3 nights accommodation
- Immersive experience and exposure to the Festival as a member of the Philippine delegation
- Each finalist will win:
- Php 10,000.00
Deadline for submission is on June 18, 2018, Monday.
You can download the Guidelines and Mechanics, and Application form here.
- You can e-mail Sine Kabataan with the Subject Heading “Query: Sine Kabataan 2018”
- Check out Sine Kabataan’s Official Facebook page.
- Visit the Film Development Council of the Philippines website.
- Visit them at Film Development Council of the Philippines, 855 T.M. Kalaw Street, Ermita, Manila