With the help of educational centers in China, ASEAN – China Center (ACC) will be hosting the 2nd ASEAN – China Youth Summer Camp on July 10-16, 2018 at Beijing & Chengdu, China and the National Youth Competition will be sending two (2) representatives.
The Summer Camp will be catering to university students mainly from ASEAN Member States and China. Participants will have a god opportunity to explore China and Chinese culture through interactive activities, be immersed in daily classes of cultural activities, and interact with other students from other states.
In order to be able to participate, you must be:
- A student from 18 to 30 years of age
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
- A Philippine passport holder with validity until January 17, 2019
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Fluent in English and can actively participate in discussions
- Able to attend the pre-departure briefing on July 9, 2018 and the program proper on July 10-16, 2018
- Willing to be a National Youth Commission volunteer
- Willing to participate in post-program activities
- Have secure travel insurance (if chosen)
As for the requirements:
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- Copy of School ID/School Certificate/Registration Form (any of the documents to prove the student is currently enrolled)
The delegates will be responsible for their round trip international airfare (From Manila to Beijing and Beijing to Manila) but the organizers will be responsible for accommodation, local transportation in China, meals, classes, entry tickets, and insurance.
These are the grounds for disqualification:
- Being a participant of any NYC-coordinated international program from July 10, 2013 until present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer
- Being a participant of any NYC-coordinated international program from July 10, 2016 where the airfare was shouldered by the participant and the accomodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- Being an NYC International Programs Beneficiary who has not completed their volunteer work hours.
For those who are interested, you can:
- Apply via Online Applications
- Submit documents in PDF File
- Send to email@example.com with Subject Heading: APPLICATION <REGION>_2ACYSC (Example: APPLICATION CALABARZON 2ACYSC)
- Do not send applications in .zip or .rar file
- If you submit online, sending hard copies of your documents are uneccessary.
- Apply via Personal Application or Through Courier
- Submit your documents to: National Youth Commission, The International Programs Unit, 3rd Floor, West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105
Applicants are strongly advised to follow the instructions for submission as the NYC will not be held responsible for missing documents or documents that were sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
The deadline of submission is at June 9, 2018, around 11:59 PM.
The Summer Camp aims to further the understanding and mutual respect of the youth, enabling them to experience the charming and diverse cultures and arts of different nations, and promoting the connectivity and blend of cultures and arts. By doing so, this will hopefully be a step closer to building a closer ASEAN-China community.
For further inquries,
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Heading: “Query: 2ACYSC”
- call NYC International Programs Unit at (02) 426 8733
- visit NYC International Programs Unit at National Youth Commission, The International Programs Unit, 3rd Floor, West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105